1. They live in a closed society, meaning the majority of humans donâ€™t know of
their existence. They get along with the other supernaturals including, the
Amoveo, demons, fae, witches, and even werewolves. But relations with the
werewolves is tense-- at best.
2. The vampire government is called the Presidium and is ruled by Emperor Zhao.
Each vampire owned territory is overseen by czars who are appointed by the
emperor. The sentries enforce the laws are essentially â€śthe muscleâ€ť.
3. Vampires are only permitted to create two new vamps per year. This law is in
place to assure thereâ€™s not a food shortage. Remember that colony that vanished
without a trace? Yup. Vamps.
4. All new vampires must be registered with the Presidium. Their DNA and maker
are recorded and theyâ€™re assigned a registration number that is basically their
vamp social security number.
5. When vampires drink from a human, they get that personâ€™s blood memories.
Good, bad, and everything in between. As a result, many vamps prefer bottle
feeds over the live feeds.
6. Werewolf blood gets a vampire high but thatâ€™s okay because itâ€™s illegal to
feed off the wolves. Itâ€™s a big fat no-no.
7. Silver burns the flesh but if it gets in the blood streamâ€”it can kill.
8. Vampires stop dreaming within ten years of being turned.
9. They can telepath only with their maker, progeny, and siblings.
10. According to legend, some vampires have a Bloodmate. If they blood bond with
their mate then both will become daywalkers.
About VAMPIRES NEVER CRY WOLF
Vampires are nothing but trouble...
As far as beautiful vampire Sadie Pemberton is concerned, werewolves shouldn't
be sticking their noses into New York's supernatural politics. They don't know
jack about running a city-not even that hot-as-sin new vampire-werewolf liaison
who's just arrived in town.
Werewolves are too sexy for their own good...
The last thing Killian Bane wanted was to end up in New York City playing nice
with vampires. Unfortunately, he's on a mission, and when he encounters the
sexiest, most stubborn female vamp he's ever met, he's going to have to turn on
a little of that wolfish charm...and Sadie's going to learn a thing or two about
what it means to have a wild side...
What's Fresh Fiction's take on this wild ride? Read our reviews to
About Sara Humphreys
Sara Humphreys has been attracted to the fantasies of science fiction,
paranormal, and romance since her adolescence when she had a mad crush on
Captain Kirk. An actress and public speaker, Sara lives in Bronxville, New York
with her husband, who is very considerate of her double life, and four amazing boys.
Connect with Sara: Website | Facebook
| Twitter | Pinterest
2 comments posted.