What's today's word?
Free Coloring pages!
August 25, 2017
Happy Friday, friends! Thanks so much for joining me.
Today's letter is E and
for it I chose the word extraordinary. I love this word because it literally
means extra ordinary. Or, if you want to get more technical, Dictionary.com
defines extraordinary like this:
- beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular, or established
- exceptional in character, amount, extent, degree, etc.; noteworthy;
I personally love the first definition. Beyond what is ordinary.
I like it so much because for us, to become beyond what is ordinary, we need
God. God takes the ordinary (though if you think about it,
nothing God created is ordinary. Everything is a masterpiece and work of art,
but I digress.) and makes us extraordinary. He equips us
through His Holy Spirit to accomplish extraordinary tasks, to break the bond of
what is regular, and to become remarkable.
A few examples from the Bible that I love are:
- David defeats Goliath. A young boy with a sling and a rock defeats a mighty
warrior. ( 1 Samuel 17)
- The walls of Jericho come tumbling down from just the blare of horns and
days of marching around them. (Joshua 6)
- Sarah gives birth to Issac when she is in her nineties. (Genesis 21)
There are so many more stories of God using ordinary people to accomplish
extraordinary tasks through His equipping.
I have several examples from my own life to share:
- The gift of birth is extraordinary, and I had the privilege of giving birth
to two beautiful daughters.
- Writing is a gift from the Lord. I've written and published eight novels.
Eight. All through God's equipping.
- He has made me a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17) "He lifted me out of the
slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm
place to stand." ~ Psalm 40:2
What extraordinary thing has God done in your life? Let me know in the
Download today's Coloring page
"E" for Extraordinary
If you have not already, you can also download the front and back cover
No comments posted.
Registered users may leave comments.
Log in or register now!