Instead of trying to find your perfect match in a dating app, we bring you the “Author-Reader Match" where we introduce you to authors as a reader you may fall in love with. It's our great pleasure to present Jody Hedlund!
Come Back to Me: Research scientist Marian Creighton, thinks her father’s quest to find the ultimate cure is crazy, even if it stems from a desire to save her sister Ellen from the genetic disease that stole their mother from them. When her father finds and drinks a vial of ancient holy water and falls into a coma, Marian discovers clues that suggest he’s crossed back in time. At first she thinks he’s insane, until she tests his theories and finds herself in the Middle Ages smack dab in the middle of the bloody Peasant Revolt of 1381.
William Durham, a valiant knight comes to Marian’s rescue and offers her protection . . . as his wife. The longer Marian stays in the past, the more she cares about William. Can she ever find her father and make it back to the present to heal her sister? And when the time comes to leave, will she want to?
Award-winning and best-selling author Jody Hedlund would like to believe time travel is really possible. Although she’s tried to come up with various formulas and means for transportation into the past, the only way she’s discovered she can cross time (so far!) is through the many books she reads. While she makes her physical home in central Michigan, this past year she’s made her mental home in fourteenth-century Canterbury where she has all kinds of exciting adventures.
Dating profile-style bio of the author:
- I love dangerous and daring situations (as long as they’re found between the pages of a book)
- I love inventing ways to cross over into different eras of time (especially when I do so between the pages of a book)
- I love sweet but sizzling romance (especially creating the romance between the pages of a book)
- I love trying new things (mostly between the pages of a book) (See a familiar theme developing here? :-)
What I’m looking for in my ideal reader match:
- Willing to curl up with a good book and cross time with me
- Willing to spend a couple of weeks in Medieval England
- Willing to experience strange food, drink, dress, and customs
- Willing to meet handsome and fierce knights
- Willing to consider a marriage of convenience
What to expect if we're compatible:
- Falling in love with my characters while reading and feeling the story deeply
- Many more adventures to come (including more time crossing!) with lots of heart-felt romance
- Opportunities to meet and chat together in my Facebook Reader Room (with exclusive giveaways as well as early reading opportunities)
- An author who loves to hear from her readers on social media (and via the contact page on my website)
Waters of Time #1
The ultimate cure that could heal any disease? Crazy.
That's exactly what research scientist Marian Creighton has always believed about her father's quest, even if it does stem from a desire to save her sister Ellen from the genetic disease that stole their mother from them. But when her father falls into a coma after drinking a vial of holy water believed to contain traces of residue from the Tree of Life, Marian must question all of her assumptions. He's left behind tantalizing clues that suggest he's crossed back in time. Insane. Until Marian tests his theories and finds herself in the Middle Ages during a dangerous peasant uprising.
William Durham, a valiant knight comes to Marian's rescue and offers her protection . . . as his wife. The longer Marian stays in the past, the more she cares about William. Can she ever find her father and make it back to the present to heal her sister? And when the time comes to leave, will she want to?
Bestselling author Jody Hedlund is your guide down the twisting waters of time to a volatile era of superstition, revolts, and chivalry in this suspenseful story.
Christian | Romance | Historical [Revell, On Sale: June 1, 2021, Paperback / e-Book, ISBN: 9780800738433 / eISBN: 9781493430444]
Jody Hedlund is the author of over thirty historicals for both adults and teens and is the winner of numerous awards including the Christy, Carol, and Christian Book Award.
Jody lives in central Michigan with her husband, five busy children, and five spoiled cats. Although Jody prefers to experience daring and dangerous adventures through her characters rather than in real life, she's learned that a calm existence is simply not meant to be (at least in this phase of her life!).
When she's not penning another of her page-turning stories, she loves to spend her time reading, especially when it also involves consuming coffee and chocolate.
2 comments posted.