Engineering Empathy in Your Organization
On Sale: April 25, 2023
Hardcover / e-Book
Add to Wish List
Spark the Heart: Engineering Empathy in Your Organization
How to leverage the benefits of empathy to get the results you want
There’s no place for empathy in business was a belief Dr. Price, a logical, results-focused engineer held onto tightly, until a cascade of life-altering events provided her a new perspective. A perspective that recognized empathy as a critical skill that every leader must develop and employ to achieve success. Dr. Price’s empathetic leadership journey has been a multi-year process, one that continues today, and one that she willingly shares with you — the good, the bad, and the ugly.
In Spark the Heart: Engineering Empathy in Your Organization, Dr. Price dispels common empathy myths:
- False: Empathy is a trait that you’re born with or not
- True: Everyone can develop the skill of empathy.
- False: Empathy requires you to take on the other person’s beliefs and values.
- True: Empathy is understanding why another person believes what they believe and values what they value, even if it’s different from your own.
- False: Empathy means you don’t have accountability, high expectations, or stretch goals.
- True: Empathy can fuel expectations and aspirations in new ways. Empathy and accountability can and should exist in tandem.
And provides clear actionable steps for you to take to begin your own empathy journey or bolster your existing empathy practice.
For leaders ready to bridge the gap of misunderstanding between themselves and those they choose to lead and to leverage that understanding for greater success, look no further. Dr. Price is here to guide the way.
No comments posted.
Registered users may leave comments.
Log in or register now!