The Equity Leaderâ€™s Guide to Undoing Institutional Racism
On Sale: October 25, 2022
Trade Paperback / e-Book
Add to Wish List
Essential steps for leaders working to build an antiracist organization
Providing a roadmap to workplace and organizational change, Inside Out is packed with practical tools for working collectively towards racial justice and dismantling institutional racism.
This essential guide includes:
- An adaptive approach to moving race conversations forward with authenticity and genuine curiosity
- Concrete strategies to help unpack the painful legacies of power, privilege, and oppression
- A framework including awareness, knowledge, skills, and action/advocacy
- Key components for engaging effectively, calling people in, bridging the divide, identifying and addressing microaggressions, and guiding difficult interactions
- Critical cross-cultural skills for facilitators and leaders faced with fears, worries, conflicts, and concerns that surface in PoC and White participants
- Helpful suggestions for equity leaders trying to find their why and identify their foundational beliefs, as well as tips for practicing self-care to lessen burnout and fatigue
- How to establish an equity team and bring decision makers on board
- Checklists, discussion questions, recommended readings, best practices, and many other valuable resources.
Inside Out is written specifically for prospective leaders championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in their workplace. It is a must-read for anyone guiding the challenging work of becoming an anti-racist organization where no one's identity is a barrier to access or opportunity and everyone belongs.
No comments posted.
Registered users may leave comments.
Log in or register now!