Dave Barry's Money Secrets
Like: Why Is There a Giant Eyeball on the Dollar?
Add to Wish List
Did you ever wish that you really understood money? Well,
Dave Barry wishes that he did, too. But that hasnâ€™t stopped
him from writing this book. In it, Dave explores (as only
he can) such topics as:
* How the U.S. economy works, including the often
overlooked role of Adam Sandler
* Why it is not a good idea to use squirrels for money
* Strategies that will give you the confidence you need to
try for a good job, even though you are--letâ€™s be honest--a
* How corporate executives, simply by walking into their
offices, immediately become much stupider
* An absolutely foolproof system for making money in the
stock market, requiring only a little effort (and access to
* Surefire tips for buying and selling real estate, the key
being: Never buy--or, for that matter, sell--real estate
* How to minimize your federal taxes, safely and legally,
* Why good colleges cost so much, and how to make sure your
child does not get into one
* How to reduce the cost of your medical care by basically
not getting any
* Estate planning, especially the financial benefits of an
* And many, many pictures of Suze Orman
But thatâ€™s only the beginning! Dave has also included in
this book all of the important points from a book written
by Donald Trump, so you donâ€™t have to read it yourself.
Plus he explains how to tip, how to negotiate for
everything (including bridge tolls), how to argue with your
spouse about money, and how much allowance to give your
children (three dollars is plenty). He also presents, for
the first time in print anywhere, the Car Dealership Code
of Ethics ("Ethic Seven: The customer is an idiot"). Also,
there are many gratuitous references to Angelina Jolie
naked. You canâ€™t afford not to buy this book! Probably you
need several copies.
Late Late Show - April 28, 2006
Motley Fool - March 17, 2006
Motley Fool - January 21, 2006
Today - January 18, 2006
Talk of the Nation - January 18, 2006
No comments posted.
Registered users may leave comments.
Log in or register now!