Have you ever met a man in need of a woman? You know the kind of man who thinks
he’s got his ducks in a row, a man with a bright future...
…until a woman sheds light on a thorny part of his character.
Let me introduce you to Mr. Cyrus Ryland, a commoner moving in uncommon circles.
It’s 1768 and our rough-around-the-edges hero needs some refinement. He’s
certain he’ll find a better life in London’s upper class.
There’s just one problem: Miss Claire Mayhew, a tart-tongued shop keeper.
Mr. Ryland, like so many men before him, needs advice on how to navigate the
murky waters of romance. To help him, here are Ten Rules for Falling in
1. Never kiss a woman in the middle of a masked ball. There are secret alcoves
for that kind of thing.
2. When a woman leaves articles of clothing in your carriage and your study, pay
attention. She’s leaving a trail of breadcrumbs.
3. Thoughtful gifts touch a woman’s heart --- especially if said woman declares
she does not want nor need a man.
4. Pay attention to her shoes. They might be one way to her heart.
5. If shoes don’t work, woo her with saucy undergarments (a daring move for only
the boldest man).
6. When a woman asks a man for a walk in the garden, it means she’s seeking
kisses or escape. Be prepared.
7. Remember there’s nothing quite as appealing as a hot man in tight breeches
8. When danger lurks, protect her like the stalwart hero you are. Then, watch
what happens when you take a fall for her.
9. If your queue is wound too tight, your lady love may be the only one who
knows how to loosen things up.
10. If all else fails, give her your whole heart. That’s what she really wants
So, now you see the tricky path Cyrus must tread in order to win his lady love.
If you have some “wooing wisdom” for Cyrus, please leave a comment below and
About THE LADY MEETS HER MATCH
Locating her is only half the battle...
Cyrus Ryland didn't become England's wealthiest bachelor by being a pushover,
but the mysterious beauty he discovers sneaking around at his grand ball
enflames his curiosity. When the clock chimes midnight and she's nowhere to be
found, Cyrus vows to scour all of London to uncover who she is. Little does he
know that not only does Claire Mayhew not want to be found, but she wants
nothing to do with him at all...
"A delightful, fresh take on a very independent and intrepid Cinderella!" Fresh
Fiction reviewer Audrey Lawrence. Read our full review here.
About Gina Conkle
Gina Conkle is a lover of history, books and romance, which makes the perfect
recipe for historical romance writer. Her passion for castles and old places
(the older and moldier the better!) means interesting family vacations. Good
thing her husband and two sons share similar passions, except for romance…that’s
where she gets the eye roll.
When not visiting fascinating places, she can be found in southern California
delving into the latest adventures of organic gardening and serving as chief
2 comments posted.