20 and Counting!: Raising One of America's Largest Families--How they Do It
On Sale: December 2, 2008
Add to Wish List
The Duggars: 20 and Counting! is a behind-the-scenes look at
the supersize family that fascinates millions of television
viewers around the world. From Idaho to Istanbul, people
want to know how Arkansas parents Michelle and Jim Bob
Duggar efficiently and lovingly manage seventeen (soon to be
eighteen) happy, homeschooled children without going into
debt -- or losing their minds!
This, the Duggars' first book, is an entertaining and
enlightening collection of stories, photos, recipes, tips,
traditions, and practical ideas designed to answer the
questions of the curious, such as:
- Why do you have so many children?
- How do you provide for your family financially?
- How do you handle mealtimes? Transportation? Laundry?
- How are your children so well behaved?
- Why do all your children have names that begin with J?
Since their first documentary broke viewership records on
the Discovery Health Channel, the Duggars have appeared in
American and international news media, sharing their
rock-solid faith and their overriding belief that "children
are a blessing from God." In these pages, Jim Bob and
Michelle share their story, beginning with their own
childhoods. They reveal how their growing-up years shaped
their philosophy of parenting. It continues with tales of
their big, busy family, whose televised documentaries and
frequent appearances in news shows and newspapers have
created an international following.
The Duggars share, with humility and humor, the family
routines and guidelines they've learned through biblical
study and trial and error -- ideas that can help make your
home a place of peace, love, and support:
- Financial lessons for debt-free living
- Organizing systems for a clutter-free home
- Homeschooling methods and schedules
- Training tips for little ones
- Relationship builders for older children
- Favorite Duggar family resources
Reading The Duggars: 20 and Counting! is like visiting this
big, busy family right in their home: fascinating, inspiring
-- and fun.
No comments posted.
Registered users may leave comments.
Log in or register now!