ichael Smerconish is the Philadelphia market's premier talk
radio host and is heard daily on Infinity Broadcasting's Big
Talker 1210 AM -- WPHT. His morning drive-time show is a
lightning rod of controversy and spirited discussion. A
Philadelphia lawyer turned political commentator, Smerconish
is a columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News and a regular
commentator on CNN's Paula Zahn Now and Anderson Cooper's
360. Michael Smerconish keeps a hand in law and remains "of
counsel" to the Beasley Law Firm in Philadelphia.
Facts about Michael Smerconish:
* Smerconish is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Lehigh
University with majors in government and journalism and a
1987 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
He is an active member in the Pennsylvania Bar.
* He has provided current events and political
commentary on a variety of national television programs,
including the NBC Today Show, The O'Reilly Factor on Fox
News, and Hardball on CNBC..
* Smerconish is a regular substitute host for
Westwood One and has filled-in for Bill O'Reilly on The
* Smerconish is the author of Flying Blind: How
Political Correctness Continues to Compromise Airline Safety
* In 2003, author Bernard Goldberg re-published
one of Smerconish's Daily News columns in his book
Arrogance, a follow-up to his bestseller Bias.
* In January of 2002, he traveled to Cuba where he
interviewed and dined with Fidel Castro. His reports on this
extraordinary meeting were serialized in the Daily News.
* At the age of 29 he served as a presidential
appointee under George H.W. Bush as a Regional Administrator
in the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
* He has won numerous awards including
Philadelphia Achievement in Radio awards for Best Talk Show
Host and Best Evening Program; Philadelphia Magazine's 2004
Best Radio Talk Host; and was a 2003 nominee for Radio &
Records best local talk host.
* Born in 1962 in Doylestown, Bucks County,
Pennsylvania, Smerconish now resides in Montgomery County,
Pennsylvania with his wife, Lavinia and their four children.
Log In to see more information about Michael Smerconish
Log in or register now!
Books:Talk, May 2014
Murdered by Mumia, December 2007
Muzzled, April 2006